- Ask friends and family if they know any designer. Recommendations will lead you to the right person.
- Plan a rough idea for your house; don’t let the interior designer decide everything. Write your favorite colors and their combinations down.
- Check the designer’s portfolio for an idea of his/her work standard.
- Chalk out your budget and ask the designer for quotations. There fee can be very high so plan and step ahead. You can also compare the prices quoted by various designers.
- Make a list of designers you have liked and talk to them about your idea. Select the one whose approach to your idea seems most interesting.
Hiring the right designer will save you time and energy. A good designer’s work will make your house look stylish and classy.