If your roof is not in a good condition, it’s advisable of checking it out right away. There are many causes for inappropriate roofing condition like leaking vent, flashing and damaged rain gutters. A leaky roof vent might end up causing all sorts of damaging issues in your home. It can start from compromising the architectural integrity to accumulation of growing mold and mildew, if your roof vents are not waterproofed accurately, it will simply end up running the structure of your roof as well as the interiors too. Here is the process of waterproofing your roof vent for not facing any damaging issues in future. Waterproof your roof vents in such a way that it never happens to be more damaging to you!!
Waterproofing the roof vents:
- Start the process by inspecting your roof. Before you head ahead for waterproofing your roof, it’s advisable to check that the shingles around your roof vents are in a good condition. You simply can inspect your roof, but make sure of to inspect in the direction of wind.
- If you observe any rise of dips on the surface of the roof, make a note for the same. You should also observe and repair any of the shingles that are observed buckled or wrapped. Now, it’s time to replace the damaged shingles with the new ones. Any area ion your roof that will allow the water to run uphill and beneath the roofing shingles, are needed to be repaired before waterproofing is applied around the roof vents.
- Make the use of caulking gun and silicon sealant for sealing up the roofing shingles which are damaged and are needed to be repaired. It’s advisable of using enough amount of sealant that confirm stand with the wrapped or buckled roofing shingles. Make sure there is no gap observed between the surface of the roof and the shingles. If you observe any gap, fill it completely because it can lead up to damaging your home interiors.
- Flashing is among the important aspect you cannot miss installing. It is another method of waterproofing the surrounding of roof vents. Make the use of sheet metal for installing it around your roof vents.
- Start the process by wrapping around a thin sheet of metal on the roof vents by using rivets. Once you have installed the metal sheet, it’s advisable of using enough amount of sealant surrounding the edges of the metal sheet. Don’t forget to pay proper attention to the cracks and the gaps where the roof meets with the metal sheets.
- It’s important to spread the sealant on the entire area. Make the use of your fingers or specialized tools available for dealing with this type of stuffs. But, But, But!! Make sure you’re not using more of sealant because it might take a huge amount of time for drying the same and it’ll end up getting even in a worst situation. Well, remember one thing, applying sealant only helps in dealing with the water for not allowing it to your home interiors. So make sure to add up the final touch by cleaning the remaining sealants off the roofing surface.